Thursday, November 6, 2014

CT Tutorial & Snags "Feelin' Frosty" Jackie's Jewels



Supplies Needed

Photo Editing Software
I am using PSP X3 but any version will work

Kit
"Feelin' Frosty" by Jackie's Jewels; this is a PTU kit, please do NOT share.

Tube
"Individual 206-1" by PinupToons; this is a PTU tube, please do NOT use without proper license.

Plug-ins
Xero - Radiance (tube)

Elements

JJS_5
JJS_8
JJS_10
JJS_13 (duplicated x3)
JJS_15 (duplicated x2)
JJS_18
JJS_19
JJS_29
JJS_30
JJS_33 (duplicated/mirrored)
JJS_36
JJS_40
JJS_41 (duplicated/mirrored)
JJS_44
JJS_47 (duplicated/mirrored)
JJS_49
JJS_51
JJS_56 (duplicated x2)
JJS_63
JJS_64
JJS_67
JJS_73

Papers
PP9

Let's get started!!  First open up a blank canvas (I use 650x650, transparent background).  Copy/paste element JJS_5 onto the canvas, resize/sharpen and place in the upper center of the canvas.  Copy/paste element JJS_41, resize/sharpen and place over to the left and move below the frame layer.  Duplicate the layer and mirror it.  Add desired dropshadow (I use 2, 2, 75, 6.99, black).  Copy/paste elements JJS_47 and do the above steps, placing the snow above the fence but below the frame layer.

Copy/paste your tube and place above the frame layer in the center.  Now open the other elements, resize & place where you'd like (feel free to use my example to help you).  For JJS_36, I copy/pasted, resized/sharpened and placed below the fence layer, positioning it at the top and left of the tube.  Then duplicated/mirrored it and merged those two.  Then I duplicated the merged elements, rotated to fit on the leftmost side of the frame and then duplicated/mirrored that to the other side.

Once you've got your elements where you want them, it's time for the paper.  Highlight your frame layer in the layer palette, grab your magic wand and click inside the circle then Selections - Modify - Expand by 5.  Insert your paper, resize/sharpen and then invert selection and with the paper layer highlighted hit delete on your keyboard.  Next choose two tubes from the same artist & same store to place on either side of the tube behind the frame layer and above the paper layer.  For mine I duplicated the tube and on the top one I changed the blend mode to soft light and on the bottom one I changed the blend mode to Luminance (Legacy) and placed a gaussian blur of 3.  For my main tube I used Xero-Radiance and just clicked Random until I found one I liked (it ended up being 165, 159, 31, 134).

Now you can add your name & make sure your copyright is visible and then your done.  I didn't include a mask with this tag because I made a mask out of elements (as seen in my example).  You can choose to add a mask if you like.  Thank you so much for trying my tutorial.  If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email me at mbalmerswifetuts@gmail.com.

This tutorial was written by Hayleigh (WenchDesignz) on November 6, 2014.  Any resemblance to another tutorial is purely coincidental.  Please do not claim this tutorial as your own.  Link others to my blog to view tutorial.

Here are some snags I made for you:


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment